OVERSEAL PARISH COUNCIL
GRANT AWARDING POLICY
The Parish Council wishes to support activities and causes which benefit the parish of Overseal. A grant is
any payment made by the Council for the specific purpose for which it is requested and for the well being of the community.
Funds are very limited.
Any grant made by the Council must directly benefit some or all of the residents
of the parish of Overseal.
The following criteria must be met for a group to be considered for a grant:-
- The group must be a charity, voluntary or community organisation;
- The group must be able to demonstrate that any funding from the Council will directly
benefit the residents of the parish;
- The group must be formally
constituted and have a management committee made up of volunteers.
Individuals, businesses, religious groups or political parties are not eligible for grant funding.
- Multiple applications within a 12 month period will
not normally be considered; howoever, where the application is for a reduced charge for use of the Council's facilities
(e.g. Village Hall) this restriction will not apply.
- The Council
reserves the right to reclaim any grant not being used for the purpose specified in the request. The Clerk will, therefore,
be allowed to verify that the monies have been spent accordingly;
evidence of actual or estimated expenditure must be supplied to the Council prior to the payment of any grant if requested.
If the Council is not satisfied with the arrangements it reserves the right to request a refund of monies awarded;
- Grants cannot be awarded after the relevant project or event has been completed;
- An acknowledgement on receipt of the grant cheque is required.
- Applications should be made in writing or by email stating the purpose for which the grant is required and the amount
needed. The Council may request a copy of the latest set of independently approved accounts (for both current and savings
accounts) for the group making the application.
are accepted at any time of the year. Applicants are usually informed within two weeks of the meeting at which the decision
is taken and the grant money sent by a cheque.
The Council may ask for recognition from successful groups in the form of
the promotion of the Council in the organisation's newsletter or any press release.
Adopted by the Council on 6 June 2019.